As a pet owner, you should get your cat spayed or neutered, as what many other pet owners do. There is a big difference between a spayed and an un-spayed cat. You should not be the unfortunate owner of an un-spayed cat for you will surely encounter many problems. Recently, regulations would require animals to be spayed before adoption.
Here are the reasons:
1. The biggest problem among cats is that they easily multiply. Their population is growing increasingly fast which resulted to unwanted kittens that can no longer be taken cared of. There are just not enough people who can look after them. This is due to the uncontrolled reproduction habits of un-spayed female cats.
2. Unwanted and homeless cats pose a threat to other animals in the environment, especially birds and rodents. When they still grow uncontrolled, this may cause an even more severe damage to the environment.
3. If you do not want your cat to be overly active in mating, you should have her spayed. This will also stop her from getting into unlikely behavior that accompanies heating.
4. For un-spayed male cats, they might be more daring when it comes to mating and they might wander off to look for the right mate. This could be a reason why you might lose your cat.
5. Spayed or neutered cats are more protected from feline diseases such as mammary cancer, pyometra, and prostate cancer which are dangerous diseases. If you have an aging female cat, you should make sure that she will get spayed or else she might have higher chances of bearing a dangerous pregnancy.
6. Spayed cats are tamer towards their owners. If you want to improve your relationship with your cat, you should have her spayed. Moreover, you will also be spared from dealing with your cat's untoward behavior during mating season.
7. Having your cat spayed or neutered only requires little cost. If you are lucky enough, you might even find free services.
Your cat will be more relaxed when mating and she will also be in the best of health. So you see, neutering your pet will do her a lot of good.