Serious illness in cats
Keeping a cat in house also demands attention and much care. Your cat care is incomplete without the knowledge about the various illnesses that it faces in its life time. Some diseases are life threatening while some are curable. Here is a list of some diseases that the cats encounter:
- Persistent vomiting – some times vomiting is not an issue to worry, it usually happens that a cat may eat its food too fast and thus due to indigestion it may puke out its food. If it vomits blood or feces in its vomit then it is something to worry and a visit to a vet is required.
- Even without blood also persistent vomiting needs attention and immediate medication.
- In Parasite infestation a cat stops eating and is suffers from weight loss. It may happen sometimes that a cat stops eating all of a sudden and if it is more than 24 hours one should not delay and rush to a doctor.
- Due to external parasite and some allergies the cat may have certain problems like sores or bald patches. If not treated on time the cat may develop wounds by scratching itself.
- Another physiological problem that a cat may face is anxiety developed due to bringing another animal in the house. Scratching its fur and grooming intensely are symptoms of this.
Feline is one of a severe cat illnesses, the symptoms are as follows;
- Running nose and eyes
- Difficulty in taking breathe or making noise while breathing
- Severe coughing
- Swelling in abdominal
- Blood in urine and stool
- Big bumps in skin
- Sudden weight loss all
- Running nose
- Severe kidney failure – kidney failure in cats can be cured at an early stage if symptoms are noticed carefully. Even if the kidney is fine till thirty percent of its capacity then also the function of the kidney can be carried well. The cat health deteriorate following too much thirst, loss in appetite, weight loss, vomiting and hair fall. If you see that you cat has reduced its diet for a longer period of time then immediately consult a vet.
- Liver failure is another serious disease that occurs in cats. Some kittens are undernourished from childhood only. You will see that they are very lean in their appearance and have less fur in their body; it is a sign of liver problem that the kitten might have born with. The symptoms of it are almost same as kidney failure, loss in weight, lethargic feeling, not playful or active, diet problem, vomiting, and at an advanced stage the cat may vomit almost everything that it eats. If such symptoms are seen from an early stage then one must immediately consult a vet.
- Cancer is another life threatening disease found in cats. The symptoms of it include cuts wounds which do not heal up fast. There is bleeding from any open part of the body and even the cuts bleeds. During cancer cat diet has to be rich in protein.
- Like humans even cats have diabetics but the disease is curable. The symptoms of diabetics are too much thirst, frequent urination, weight loss, lazy lethargic behavior. This disease can be cured by medicines and some time insulin shots are also given. With diet control it can be cured but if not subjected to medication at the right time it may cause severe problems.
- There are some cat parasites which are like worms in the stomach but are not so harmful. It may just affect its diet but its health will improve with proper medication.
Adaptation of cat is not so easy; there are various diseases that one must have knowledge of. One must always notice the behavior of their pet and visit the vet at regular intervals to avoid any future complication. A proper knowledge can save the life of your dear one and keep it healthy, fit and fine.