More Cat Care Information:
As a general rule of thumb, most people don't think cats have as many medical problems as other animals, especially if they live indoors. Because of this notion, most agree that pet care insurance is more appropriate for outdoor cats or dogs.
Although indoor cats tend to have fewer medical problems than outdoor pets, they can still incur serious and expensive cat health care problems.
Curious cats can get into trouble while playing with items in your home. Ribbons, yarn and string can cause intestinal obstruction and can be fatal.
Dozens of indoor plants are toxic to cats, and ingesting them can cause upset stomachs, heart collapse, kidney failure and even death.
During the holidays, pet health can also be seriously compromised by something as seemingly innocent as tinsel, which can cause internal blockages and often requires surgery to remove.
When these things happen, cat owners often don't realize that the veterinary cost can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars without the help of pet insurance.
The following are some reasons to consider pet care insurance for your indoor kitty:
- Cats are good at hiding symptoms: Cats are more sedentary by nature, which mean that cat owners are not as likely to notice symptoms their kitties might be displaying.
- Indoor cats are still at risk: Some other common problems for indoor cats include- cystitis, digestive upsets, cancer, diabetes, thyroid disease, leukemia, kidney failure and even heart disease. Thousands of medical conditions can occur in indoor felines.
- The cost of treating felines is just as expensive as other animals: Cats tend to have fewer veterinary visits overall, but when they do have an illness or injury, costs can add up.
- Pet insurance coverage is cost effective for cats: Pets Best Insurance feline rates start as low as $9 per month for kittens and average less than $25 per month for adult cats with the same coverage no matter the age of the cat.
- Pet insurance increases spending power: Pet owners who have insurance for their indoor cats will be able to afford nearly FIVE TIMES the veterinary care with pet health insurance that pays 80% of veterinary cost after the deductible- like Pets Best Insurance does.
Overall, pet insurance allows cat owners to budget for their cats' care and provides peace of mind in the case of pet health emergencies and unexpected illnesses.