More Cat Care Information:
Felines are a common pet alternative, because they're very easy going and don't require too much care. On the other hand, not all pet cats are the same, and some can be more difficult to take care of than most. Normally, caring for a cat requires minimal or no potty training, but in some instances, your feline friend will show difficulties in figuring out where it should go.
How Do Feline Friends Know To Use The Litter Box?
For a number of pet cats, learning to use the litter box is a simple and usual process. Believed to be a basic instinct dating back to their days as pets in ancient Egypt, a cat's ability to find and use litter for covering their body waste is considered similar to their ancient counterparts with sand.
What's The Reason Why My Pet Cat Refuses To Use The Litter Box?
As felines are a fussy species, knowing precisely why he or she isn't using a designated litter box may be discovered through a process of elimination. Start off with the clearest and work your way through the list below:
1. Is the litter box fresh? Pet cats usually cover their waste. If the litter is soaked, or is already filled, your pet cat would refuse to use it.
2. Do you own several cats? As pet cats usually use urine to determine territories, more than one cat in a home might cause confusion about the litter box.
3. Where is your feline friend's litter box placed? Ensure that your pet cat's litter box is placed in a location where he or she can easily access it, have lots of privacy, and isn't near areas with much racket.
4. What class of litter are you using? Clumping or clay kinds are the best option. Avoid using big grain cat litter.
5. Is your feline friend stressed? A feline friend could act out for a number of reasons: a change in environment is often a common cause. Even if you might be unable to avoid certain stressful situations, you can help alleviate your pet cat of its anxiety by providing it with extra attention.
6. Is your feline friend healthy? Specific diseases, like incontinence or an infection in the kidneys might be the cause of your cat refuses to make use of the litter box.
7. Has your feline friend been marking? Most pets regularly mark. In case of marking, on the other hand, a pet cat will come back to its location and pee there often. You might keep your feline friend from marking by erasing your pet's odor on the particular location by cleaning it scrupulously.
My Pet Still Refuses To Make Use Of The Litter Box
It's improbable in certain situations to fully teach a pet to use just the litter box. A pet's capability to be litter trained may be held back by mental retardation, which could have been the effect of inbreeding. Difficulty breathing or blunt force head trauma are likewise probable roots of mental disability. In such situations, training is improbable.
If your feline friend continues to not use the litter box, and you believe it is because of a retardation, immediately consult your veterinarian for more advice.