More Cat Care Information:
Treating pets at home can sometimes be a difficult task. Dogs and cats have a mind of their own and will rarely be willing to sit through health treatments complacently. This means using products like Drontal for cats for worming your pets may not always be the easiest task.
|General Cat Care #1: Before You Bring Your Cat Home|
|You will need food, food dish, water bowl, interactive toys, brush, comb, safety cat collar, scratching post, litter and litter box.|
|General Cat Care #2: Feeding|
|An adult cat should be fed one large or two smaller meals each day. Kittens from 6 to 12 weeks need to be fed four times a day. Kittens from three to six months need to be fed three times a day. You can either feed specific meals, throwing away any leftover canned food after 30 minutes or free-feed dry food (keeping food out all the time).|
Feed your cat a high-quality, brand-name kitten or cat food (avoid generic brands) two to three times a day. Kittens can be fed human baby food for a short time if they won’t eat kitten food softened by soaking in warm water. Use turkey or chicken baby food made for children six months and older. Gradually mix with cat food. Cow’s milk is not necessary and can cause diarrhea in kittens and cats. Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Wash and refill water bowls daily.
Safe and Effective Worming Techniques
It is important to choose a safe worming product like Drontal for cats. To eradicate worms you will need to use quite strong chemical agents. If you choose a reputable brand then you can be sure these treatments have been fully tested and are safe for pets whilst still being effective at getting rid of worms.
– Drontal for cats has been tested thoroughly and is one of the safest and most effective worming treatments on the market.
– Drontal contains powerful agents such as praziquantel. This works quickly to destroy intestinal worms such as tapeworm with the minimum side effects for your pets.
– If you have had problems with other worming products making your pets ill before then Drontal for cats is a good option.
– This does not contain nitroscanate which is a common ingredient in other wormers. This problem with this nitroscanate is that it frequently causes side effects such as vomiting and diarrhoea. This type of wormer also requires you to starve your pet before application.
|General Cat Care #3: Grooming|
|Most cats stay relatively clean and rarely need a bath, but they do need to be brushed or combed. Frequent brushing helps keep your cat’s coat clean, reduces the amount of shedding and cuts down on the incidence of hairballs|
|General Cat Care #4: Handling|
|To pick up your cat, place one hand behind the front legs and another under the hindquarters. Lift gently. Never pick up a cat by the scruff of the neck (behind the ears) or by the front legs without supporting the rear end.|
|General Cat Care #5: Housing|
|Cats should have a clean, dry place of their own in the house. Line your cat’s bed with a soft, warm blanket or towel. Be sure to wash the bedding often. Please keep your cat indoors. If your companion animal is allowed outside, he can contract diseases, get ticks or parasites, become lost or get hit by a car, hurt in a fight or poisoned. Also, cats prey on wildlife.|
– This can be very unpleasant for pets and can put you off worming your pets in the future. With Drontal the chances of these side effects are minimal and this means you can carry out successful and stress-free worming for your pets.
– There is also no need to starve your pets before using Drontal products for worming.
– Drontal for cats is sold in user-friendly applications that make it quick and easy for you to protect your pets against worm parasites.
– The tablet and Spot On applications are a good choice for cats. These animals can be notoriously difficult to treat with topical applications.
– If you add tablets to your cat's food in most cases they will swallow them without even realising they are even there.
– The Spot On is also very easy to use and all you will need to do is squeeze a few drops on the back of your cat's neck.
– For the best effects, you should make sure your pets are protected all-year round. If you worm your cats with Drontal every 3 months or so this should protect them all the time from these nasty parasites.
– Don't forget you need to protect kittens from worms as well. They can easily come into contact with microscopic worm eggs even if they have not yet been outside.
– You can start worming kittens from 6 weeks using the tablet or Spot On versions of Drontal.
|General Cat Care #6: Identification|
|If allowed outdoors (again, we caution against it!), your cat needs to wear a safety collar and an ID tag. A safety collar with an elastic panel will allow your cat to break loose if the collar gets caught on something. An ID tag or an implanted microchip can help insure that your cat is returned if he or she becomes lost.|
|General Cat Care #7: Litter Box|
|All indoor cats need a litter box, which should be placed in a quiet, accessible location. A bathroom or utility room is a good place for your cat’s box. In a multi-level home, one box per floor is recommended. Avoid moving the box unless absolutely necessary. Then do so slowly, a few inches a day. Cats won’t use a messy, SMELLY litter box. Scoop solids out of the box at least once a day. Dump everything, wash with a mild detergent (don’t use ammonia) and refill at least once a week, less frequently if using clumping litter. Don’t use deodorants or scents in the litter or litter box (especially avoid lemon scent).|