More Cat Care Information:
Just as with people, your cat is a whole being, not merely a collection of parts and organs. Homeopathic, holistic, or “natural” medicine, depending on your favorite choice of words, is a discipline that teaches that it is by maintaining an ideal balance the body has protection from illness. If your cat is wounded or becomes sick, that balance is lost, and steps must be taken to regain it.
Natural remedies for cats work the same way the do for their owners. Conventional medication believes that symptoms are caused by sickness, and searches for to suppress these symptoms in its treatment. In pet (and human) homeopathy, on the other hand, the symptoms are thought of as the body’s natural attempt to fight the sickness, and works to stimulate instead of eliminate them.
Just like you, your cat can suffer from the consequences of a nutritionally poor commercial diet, environmental pollution, stress, and poisons found in grooming products. Changing to a better diet and using herbal additions to help support it is a method to keep your kitty from losing critical nutriments, recover faster from injury and illness, and maintain ideal health. Choosing natural remedies for your cat, particularly if used in association with standard vet care, will work just as effectively in healing your cat as similar holistic care does for your own health.
The Top Ten Advantages To Natural Remedies For Your Cat
- Less likelihood of illness: high quality, natural cat food can reduce the frequency of onset of many health concerns – digestive issues, allergies, and more.
- Longer life: holistic pet care will extend your kitty’s life, giving you more years of their fun and loving friendship.
- Faster healing: natural remedies employed in the treatment of existing conditions speeds up the process of recovery, as natural ingredients are more swiftly absorbed by your cat.
- Friendly to the environment: just as in your kitty’s digestive system, natural products are broken down and absorbed into the environment much more easily than chemical agents.
- More cost effective: you can spend less on inexpensive products, but as these may contribute to your cat’s health problems in the longer term, you more than make up the difference in visits to the vet and higher bills.
- Better nutrition: a natural diet lowers your cat’s exposure to chemicals, while also increasing the intake of healthful nutrients and vitamins.
- Treats the disease, not the symptoms: Holistic care (“whole” care) considers your cat’s environment as a factor in their health. Reducing the causes of stress – such as isolation and boredom – by providing acceptable exercise and attention can also enhance your kitty’s overall health.
- Improved standard of life: even a cat doesn’t want to hang around if life’s not worth living. Natural remedies for your cat not only increases the length of your cat’s life, but its quality too.
- Human safety: think about the toxins you or your child might be coming into contact with when handling your cat. Only using natural products on them avoids the chance of contamination with these dangerous chemicals.
- Time savings: holistic cat care is focused on preventing the development of new conditions as well as treating those that exist already. The less often your cat gets ill, the less time you spend hauling them howling to the vet’s office.
Of course, always consult your vet before attempting to diagnose and cure your cat – after all, sometimes the big guns do have to be brought in the make sure your cat recovers from a serious illness or injury! But by using natural remedies whenever possible, cat care becomes simpler and safer. You avoid the often nasty side effects of conventional medicines, and regular use of natural foods and supplements can prevent recurrence of the problem.